Exercising your privacy rights
Within the GreenAnt Services, you may come across links to other websites, apps and services, or applications that allow you to share information with other websites, apps and services. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these other websites, apps and services and we therefore recommend that you review the privacy policies of those websites, apps or services before accessing or using them.
Our principles of privacy
Information We Collect
The personal data we collect is related to the provision of the GreenAnt Services and its functions and falls under three general categories:
- Information provided by you;
- Information We collect automatically;
- Information we obtain from outside sources.
In keeping with the principle of data minimization, we aim to collect as little personal data as possible and only that data which is necessary for us to carry out our work.
Information provided by you
When you use or intend to use some of the GreenAnt Services, we request and collect the personal data mentioned below. These data are necessary for the adequate performance of the Services provided to you and for compliance with our obligations arising from our Terms and Conditions.
We may also process this data in the context of our legitimate interest to improve the GreenAnt Services and provide our users with the best experience. Without this information, we may not be able to provide you with all the requested services and functions on the GreenAnt Services.
Despite you do not need to provide us with your personal data in order to visit or use the Website, some of our services require to do so:
- Newsletter subscription
- Job Applications
- Survey Information
- Purchase Orders and Payment
The information you give us may include, but is not limited to:
- Identification Information such as name, email, phone number, and postal address;
- Financial Information such as order activity, and financial and credit card information; and
- Correspondence such as information you provide to us in correspondence, including account opening and customer support.
Information we collect automatically
We collect certain data automatically when you use GreenAnt Services. This data typically includes:
Information from outside sources
- Service providers – We may also receive information about you through our service providers, including companies that assist with analytics, data processing and management, hosting, technical services, and other services that we use to provide the GreenAnt Services. Below we explain in detail how we use this data and who our third-party providers are.
How we use your data
We use the personal data we collect from you, automatically or from outside sources, for different purposes based on different legal bases for processing.
- To provide you with the GreenAnt Services
We use your name, email address, and organization when you subscribe to our newsletter to send you our newsletter and other important communications. We process this data on the basis of your consent. You can unsubscribe from our newsletter at any time you want.
- To maintain, protect and improve the GreenAnt Services
We may process personal data with the purpose of maintaining, protecting, and improving the GreenAnt Services. In addition, we may process this data out of our legitimate interest, to improve the GreenAnt Services and to provide our users with the best experience; and based on a legal obligation. The main purposes for this processing are:
- We may test features that are being developed and analyze the data we have to review and improve our services, develop new features, and troubleshoot problems.
- Detecting and preventing fraud, spam, abuse, security incidents, and other suspicious activities.
- Improving the safety and security of our services.
- Preventing or taking action against activities that may or may not violate any of our terms and conditions, or applicable law.
- Complying with our legal obligations;
- Protecting the rights and property of the GreenAnt;
- Providing technical support.
- To communicate with you.
For example, by emailing you to respond to your questions, get more information in case you report any problem with the website, or keep you up to date on GreenAnt Services. If you do not want to hear from us, you can opt-out of our communications at any time.
- Other purposes.
In addition, we may use your data for other purposes, provided that we disclose the purpose and use it to you in a timely manner and that you consent to the proposed use of your personal data. Which of your data we process based on your consent, depends on the purpose of your consent.
Sharing your data
This section describes how the information collected or generated as a result of your use of the GreenAnt Services may be shared by you or by us.
- Service Providers – We use and share your information, including personal data with some of our service providers in order to ensure that the GreenAnt Services are properly performed. For example, we work with service providers of cloud storage (that help us to store data), postal and email delivery (that help us stay in touch with you), hosting providers (for hosting our website), payment partners (for processing and paying your purchase order), analytics providers (that help us understand and enhance our Services), programs that help us with task management, scheduling, word processing, email, and other communications, and collaboration among our team. Some the service providers may be located outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”), to provide services to us or to our users on our behalf. These service providers have access to information about you only to provide their services on our behalf and are contractually obligated to take appropriate organizational and technical security measures to protect personal data from unauthorized disclosure and to only process personal data in accordance with our instructions and to the extent that this necessary to provide their services to us. These service providers are usually only allowed to process your data on our behalf under special conditions.
- Compliance with Laws – We may provide your information to courts, law enforcement agencies, and government authorities (i) to comply with our legal obligations, (ii) to comply with legal process and in response to claims against GreenAnt, (iii) in response to a verified request in connection with a criminal investigation or any suspected or suspected illegal activity or any other activity that places us, you or any of our other users legally liable, (iv) for performing or applying our Terms of Service and other agreements with users or ( v) to protect the rights, property or personal safety of GreenAnt, its employees and outsiders.
We take appropriate technical, administrative, and physical precautions designed to prevent unauthorized access, use, or disclosure of the personal data collected or stored by us and ensure an appropriate level of security for risks to the rights and freedoms of natural persons who may be involved in our processing activities. We regularly check our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. However, it is not possible to guarantee the security of information transmitted over the Internet. You use the GreenAnt Services and provide us with information at your own discretion and risk.
International data transfers
The GreenAnt Services are not intended for use by children. Persons under the age of 16 in the EEA or 13 years of age in the United States and the rest of the world should not use the GreenAnt Services or provide personal information to us. We never knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 16 or 13, as the case may be, nor do we authorize them to use the GreenAnt Services. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a person under the age of 16 or 13, as the case may be, we will delete that information as soon as possible. If you think we may have collected such personal data, please let us know immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org
Exercising your privacy rights
You can exercise the rights described in this article by contacting us at email@example.com. Please note that if you have reasonable doubts about your identity, we may ask you to verify your identity before taking any further action on your request.
- Access and transferability of data
- You have the right to find out whether or not your personal data is being processed by us and, if that is indeed the case, to inspect that personal data. You may also have the right to request copies of your personal data held by us.
- Change or correct data
- You have the right to ask us to correct, change, update or rectify your data.
- Retain and delete data
- We usually keep data for as long as is strictly necessary to provide you with the GreenAnt Services.
- You have the right to ask us to erase all or part of the personal data we hold about you.
- We may also need to keep certain personal data after you describe from our newsletter if this is reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations (for example, under applicable tax or commercial law or to prevent fraud or abuse and improve security). After that, we will delete the data immediately, unless we have to keep the data until the expiry of the statutory limitation period in order to be able to provide evidence in civil claims or due to legal storage obligations (for example for accounting reasons).
- Objection to processing
- You have the right to object at any time to the processing of your personal data for reasons related to your specific situation (in particular when the data processing is not necessary to comply with a contractual or other legal requirement or when we transfer the data use based on our legitimate interest).
- Restricting Processing
- Under certain circumstances, you may have the right to limit the way we use your personal data.
- Revoke consent
- If you grant us permission to process your personal data, you can withdraw your consent at any time by sending us a notice stating the specific consent you are withdrawing.
- File complaints
- You have the right to complain to a competent data protection authority about our data processing activities. We are under the supervision of the Dutch Data Protection Office.
Last modified: December 04, 2022